Here are a few key things you should have on your checklist:
- Set the date, taking into account the schedules of the key people you want to attend the wedding, your location, etc.
- Reserve the ceremony location.
- Reserve the reception location.
- Set your budget.
- Get your marriage license.
- Begin your guest list.
- Book the officiant.
- Hire your photographer, florist, band/entertainment, caterers.
- Buy the wedding dress.
- Buy or reserve tuxes/suits.
- Order bridesmaid dresses.
- Register and let guests know where you are registered.
- Order invitations.
- Plan the honeymoon/purchase tickets and schedule the resort/hotel.
- Book a limo or arrange transportation.
- Purchase the wedding bands.
- Choose and order the cake.
- Schedule hair and makeup appointments.
It’s a good idea to organize your checklist by date. It would be helpful to know when certain tasks should be addressed. You can identify what needs to be done the month before the wedding and what can be done months ahead of time.
If you want to make sure you take care of every detail, there are a variety of checklists you can find online. Check out a few and make your own list based on the tasks that fit your wedding needs. Here are a few lists you may find helpful: