Christmas weddings can be fun and beautiful. Christmas is such a fun, happy time of the year for most people. For some, it’s their favorite time of the year so they want to exchange their vows on their favorite holiday.
In cooler climates, the backdrop of snow outside a window can add some romance — although you can’t control the weather. Not being able to control the weather can also be a negative. Instead of getting a nice light dusting of snow, you could get a blizzard, making it hard for guests to attend.
In warmer climates such as Southwest Florida, the holidays often provide beautiful warm, sunny days. It can be perfect time for an outdoor wedding. Although rain can dampen your day, it’s a lot less likely that time of year.
Regardless of where you get married, Christmas décor can make for a warm, inviting wedding. The beautiful red poinsettias can provide a nice pop of color for centerpieces or to line the aisle. Evergreen can be used as decoration as well. Not only will they add some beauty but also add a nice fragrance.
Some other benefits of a holiday wedding:
- You are less likely to forget your anniversary.
- Guests would have more time to travel.
- Wonderful holiday décor provides a beautiful setting.
- The holiday theme can be incorporated into your dress and accessories as well as your hair and nails. Try a sprig of holly in your hair with a nice updo.
- You can start the new year off as a married couple.
- Your first Christmas as husband and wife will be unforgettable.
A few cons:
- People usually already have plans and it may be difficult for everyone on your list to be there.
- Travel could be expensive.
- Travel plans can easily be impacted by unpredictable weather.
- Getting to and from the ceremony can be messy in a snowstorm.
- You may have difficulty getting the location you want because it’s booked or closed for the holidays.
What do you think about a holiday wedding? At Cre8 Salon and Spa, we like hearing your opinions. If you think you might want a holiday wedding, we can give you some ideas.