Southern Florida makes the top 25 list of the most expensive places to get married. It’s no surprise that at the top of the list is New York.
The Knot released its 2014 wedding survey statistics this week, revealing the most expensive locations for weddings, a breakdown of wedding expenses, wedding trends and more. Over the next couple weeks, we’ll take a closer look at some of these trends.
What would you have guessed is the No. 1 most expensive place to get married? If you guessed Manhattan, you’d be right. The average cost of weddings in the Manhattan area for 2014 was $76,328. Five of the six most expensive areas to get married are in the New York/Tri-State area. New York has 4 out of the top 10 most expensive locations and New Jersey has 2 in the top 10.
Arkansas and Utah had the lowest average wedding spend ($18,031 and $15,257, respectively), excluding honeymoon.
Southern Florida ranks 15th with an average cost of $38,155.
Here are the top 25 locations:
- New York – Manhattan $76,328
- New York – Long Island $55,327
- New Jersey – North/Central $53,986
- New York – Westchester/Hudson Valley $52,954
- Illinois – Chicago $50,934
- New York – Outer Boroughs $49,781
- Pennsylvania – Philadelphia $44,090
- Rhode Island $41,914
- California – San Francisco/Greater Bay Area $39,690
- New Jersey – South $39,191
- California – Santa Barbara/Ventura $39,187
- Washington DC/Northern Virginia/Suburban Maryland $39,025
- Connecticut $38,925
- Massachusetts – Boston $38,665
- Florida – Southern $38,155
- California – Los Angeles $37,317
- Louisiana $35,532
- Hawaii $34,958
- Maryland – Baltimore $34,409
- Texas – Houston $33,809
- Illinois – Chicago Suburbs $33,391
- California – Orange County/Inland Empire $33,118
- California – San Diego $32,941
- Pennsylvania – Pittsburgh $32,359
- Texas – Austin/San Antonio $31,886
Brides in Manhattan and Long Island spend the most on their dresses ($2,914 and $2,137, respectively), while Idaho and Alaska brides spend the least ($982 and $925, respectively).
The 2014 Real Weddings Survey captured responses from nearly 16,000 U.S. brides married in 2014. What do you think of these statistics? Any surprises?
If you are planning a wedding in Southwest Florida, view Cre8 Salon and Spa’s wedding packages to help keep your wedding within your budget.