Every bride wants to look perfect for her wedding day. Many brides choose to wear a lot of makeup to achieve that flawless look, but it is not necessary. There are many other things you can do to look your best on your wedding day.
- Drink plenty of water in the week before your wedding. Hydrated skin will give you a natural glow that will make you look radiant.
- Limit sun time. Avoid being in the sun for long increments of time leading up to your wedding. Excess sun exposure can result in sunburn, redness, and dry flakey skin and cause your makeup to appear blotchy.
- Primers are preservers! Wedding days are typically long, busy, and often result in sweat or tears, if not both. Applying a primer before any makeup will keep your face looking the way it started and allow you to take flawless photos regardless of your emotions.
- Waterproof mascara could be a lifesaver. No bride wants to deal with trying to fix smeared makeup. Go with the waterproof and your emotions won’t get the best of you.
- Flaunt it! Everyone has certain features they like more than others, whether it’s eyes, lips, cheekbones, or even eyebrows. Work with what you have and don’t be afraid to accentuate the features you are the most proud of.
- Take care of your hair. Book an appointment to trim your hair about three weeks before your wedding so you will have smooth, dead-end-free hair. Avoid any drastic hairstyle changes right before your wedding.
- Be you! It’s your wedding day, so be sure to look like you. It’s best for brides to stick to a natural look. Choose the hair, nails, and makeup you want – not what your family or friends recommend.