Your honeymoon is a once-in-a-lifetime trip, but often budget and time can restrict your destination choices. Don’t let these issues limit you from experiencing your dream vacation. Those of us who are lucky enough to live in Florida can have a memorable honeymoon without having to spend the big bucks. Florida is filled with gorgeous beaches, quaint towns, and historic cities that are waiting to be explored. Deciding on a honeymoon destination can be overwhelming, but we have simplified things with this list of Florida’s hidden gems.
- Captiva: This beautiful getaway is located in our very own Lee County. Captiva has plenty to offer including beautiful beaches, gorgeous sunsets, water sports, boating, and dining.
- The Florida Keys: Vacationing to the Florida Keys allows you to feel the Caribbean vibe without crossing state lines. The Keys offer exciting activities such as swimming with dolphins, snorkeling, nature trails, fishing, and of course beaches.
- Delray Beach: In 2012 Delray was named “Most Fun Small Town” in America. Delray offers a booming downtown area filled with shopping, restaurants, and nightlife. During the day, you can enjoy beaches, explore wetlands, and snorkel through a sunken steamship.
- Honeymoon Island: The name says it all. Full of nature and animals, this State Park is a quiet, relaxing, and stress-free area. You can walk nature trails, enjoy bird observatories, and snorkel in the Gulf.
- Naples: Naples is located about 30 minutes from Lee County. Naples offers luxurious beaches, resorts, shopping, and dining.
- St. Augustine: Visit America’s oldest city and begin a love story that will last a lifetime. St. Augustine is full of history and romance. Spend the day at blue beaches then visit the historic downtown for fine dining and handmade chocolates and pastries.
- Anna Maria Island: Only 30 miles from Tampa lies a piece of paradise with white sand beaches and aqua water. This barrier island is popular for its fishing and golfing and offers breathtaking views.
- Mount Dora: This Central Florida town is an amazing getaway location. Its quiet downtown is filled with boutiques, local restaurants, beautiful southern homes, and a relaxing lake.
- Santa Rosa Beach: Located on Florida’s Emeralds Coast, Santa Rosa’s sugar-white sand and turquoise water are a must see. This art-rich town offers beautiful beaches, sailing, and great food.
- Apalachicola: Escape to a pre-civil war city with the friendliest people in Florida. Its known for its rustic lighthouse, gorgeous beaches, and quaint downtown area.
In the midst of planning your honeymoon, relieve some stress and visit Cre8 Salon and Spa for a day of pre-wedding pampering. Contact Cre8 Salon and Spa by visiting our website or Facebook page or calling 239-458-2704.