If you are looking to make your reception a unique experience for your guests, focus on one of the highly-anticipated moments — dessert. Weddings are a time to splurge and indulge in those sweet treats that people typically don’t eat every day. If you don’t want a traditional wedding cake, there are many ways to spice it up. Here are some ideas to make the dessert experience memorable for your guests:
- Offer a candy bar. A candy bar can save money and lets guests individually choose their favorite treats. This eliminates food from being wasted and allows guests take home goodie bags. Display a variety of candies and set out small bags or boxes dressed up with a cute label or ribbon.
- Milk and cookies! Yum, who doesn’t love this delicious combination? It is extremely easy to prepare and delicious for guests. Fill a glass with milk and top with a cookie. Offer two or three cookie flavors, so that the guests can choose their favorite.
- S’mores please. On a cool night, a s’mores bar is perfect for an after-dinner snack. Serve plates with graham crackers, marshmallows, chocolate, and skewers, and light up a campfire or offer a table-top grill to roast the marshmallows. This is a fun experience for your guests and delicious at the same time.
- Who wants dessert shots? Everybody! Dessert shots offer guests a variety of flavors in a small portion size. They are perfect for guests who want just enough to satisfy their sweet tooth. Key lime pie, chocolate mousse cake, and strawberry shortcake are just a few of the desserts that can easily be made bite-size.
- Design your own cupcakes. Set up a table with baked cupcakes, pastry bags filled with frosting, and toppings. Let guests make their own cupcakes with the frosting and toppings of their choice. It’s a fun way to involve guests and saves work for you and the catering company.
- Mini pie samplers are a perfect summer dessert option. Two to three mini pies can be served on a plate, or even on a stick for guests to enjoy as a pie pop!
- Cake pops are also a big wedding hit. Cake pops are elegant, yet fun at the same time. Guests can enjoy one without worrying about it being too much to finish. A small, sweet pop is the perfect ending to a delicious meal.
- Offer a variety of flavored macaroons. For such an elegant day, what’s better than topping it off with a macaroon or two? Macaroons can be served in a variety of creative ways.
- Since many people are health conscious, you can never go wrong with fruit. Fruit can be served over sorbet, chocolate, or by itself. Guests can indulge without feeling too guilty.
Looking for more dessert ideas? Click here.
After planning all the details of your wedding and reception, now it’s your turn to be pampered. The Cre8 Bridal services team can give you the premiere beauty experience. Contact Cre8 Salon and Spa by visiting our website or Facebook page or calling 239-458-2704.